Registration and Important Information
South Tech staff and administrators want to extend a warm welcome to our new families, our congratulations to newly accepted students and say hello to our returning students! Although summer has just officially begun, we wanted to share some frequently asked questions, answers, and links to important information about registration that families and students need. Check out the list below and, as always, please call our main office at 314-989-7400 between 7:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. weekdays if you need more information.
Where do I go on the first day of school?
- The first day of school is August 13, 2019.
- All students, whether new or returning, should report to the South Tech gym on August 13, 2019, at either 7:29 a.m. for morning students or 12:00 p.m. for afternoon students.
What do I need for the first day of school?
- For uniform information, a tool/supply list, and program instructor’s contact information, please visit the Summer Packets section at the bottom of our website.
Does South Tech serve breakfast?
- Yes! Breakfast is available every morning in the Guidance Cafe for $1.90. Students qualifying for Free-and- Reduced meals should print out a South Tech Free-and-Reduced form and return it to the main office in order to receive breakfast through this program.
Where can I find the Student Handbook?
- The updated 19-20 Family and Student Handbook is on our website and contains not only the Code of Conduct but also detailed information about how South Tech works.
What if I have medical questions or concerns?
- For the Over the Counter Medication Form, Medical Action Plans, and other information from our school nurse, please visit the Nurse’s Corner on our website.
How does attendance work?
- If a student will be absent, please remember to have a parent or guardian call the South Tech attendance line (989-7413) and bring a copy of any documentation regarding that absence to South Tech as well as to your homeschool when the student returns to school. Students are expected to be at South Tech on all normal attendance days, whether their sending school is in session or not.
Can I join any clubs or organizations?
- South Tech students have the opportunity to become members of our Career and Technical Student Organizations; SkillsUSA, FBLA, FCCLA, and FFA. We will hold a membership drive during the first weeks of school and encourage students to find an organization that inspires them!
What if I’m planning on driving to South Tech?
- Student parking permits are available for purchase in the main office for $50. Students will need a signed parking form and a copy of their insurance and driver’s license. Board policy states that students who purchase a parking pass forfeit their bus transportation. In special circumstances, students may park for one day and get a temporary parking pass from the office. Students are eligible for up to 10 temporary passes per year.
When do I get my bus stop information?
- Routes will be mailed from the SSD Transportation Department approximately one week before the start of school.
- South Tech will pick students up from a stop near their home (AM students) or at their homeschool (PM students) and bring them to Tech. When class ends, we will take students to their homeschool (AM students) or to a stop near their home (PM students). There are also buses that stop at each sending high school in the PM for students who have homeschool activities after school.
Can I be picked up at my homeschool instead of near my home in the morning?
- You can request that the bus pick you up at your homeschool; this will be your permanent stop each morning. Please call Ms. Weibert for further information at 314-989-7411.
What happens when Tech has school but my homeschool doesn’t?
- Our buses will run exactly the same as they do every day; at midday, they will take students to or from their homeschool. Students will need to arrange transportation between homeschool and home on these days.
What if I go to school in St. Louis County, but live in St. Louis City?
- VICC will provide students transportation to or from home. For AM students, VICC will pick students up from a stop near their home and after class, we will take them to their homeschool. For PM students, we will pick them up at their homeschool and bring them to Tech, and after class, VICC will take them to a stop near their home.
- When a student’s homeschool isn’t in session but Tech is, VICC will take them to, or pick them up from, a stop near their home.
Coming Soon – the South Tech App!!
- Watch for emailed communication in August about our new school app that will allow students and families to receive notifications, important reminders, and other school information on their mobile device.
ALL STUDENTS – NEW AND RETURNING – MUST COMPLETE REGISTRATION WHICH CAN BE ACCOMPLISHED ANYWHERE WITH INTERNET ACCESS
Because the required start of school paperwork for South Tech is submitted online using our Parent Portal through Tyler SIS, families can choose to complete registration at home if they have internet access. If you need assistance with registering, you can visit South Tech on August 1, 2019 from 12:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
To gain access to online registration, parents and guardians must complete the Parent Portal Access Form to receive a username and password. This link was also in your acceptance email from our Admissions Department. If your student was recently accepted to South Tech, there will be a slight delay between your completion of the Parent Portal Access Form and the delivery of your username and password. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your password, please call Mary Kozeny at 314-989-8521 or Jessica Kettler at 314-989-7404 between 7:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. weekdays for assistance.
Step by step directions for online registration can be found HERE. In addition to online registration, the Parent Portal allows parents and guardians access to their student’s attendance record, class schedule, and other important information needed throughout the school year.
- Online registration should only take 10-15 minutes to complete.
- Registration does not have to be completed in one sitting. Your progress is saved as you go. However, it should be completed prior to the first day of school.
- The Parent Portal works on most internet enabled devices including most tablets and smartphones.
The web address for the Parent Portal is https://sdm.sisk12.com/ssd360.
You can also Click Here to watch the Training Video.