Summary of Job:
Operate various pieces of metal working equipment to produce precision machined components to print as instructed by lead or supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Use most hand, manual, and automatic machinery.
- Install tooling into machine.
- Use precision measuring equipment to complete assignments.
- Prepare tooling, fixturing, gauges, materials, and paperwork.
- Perform sharpening tasks.
- Verify program.
- Monitor the output of less skilled employees as required.
- Keep waste low, minimize scrap, use labor efficiently.
- Improve on product through-put via additional operations such as multiple machine operation, deburring, cleaning, etc. whenever possible.
- Operate machinery at or above company standards for both time and quality
- Complete all necessary documentation per company policy or verbal instruction for first piece approval.
- Keep machinery and work area clean, safe, maintained, and organized.
- Assist in other areas in order to meet the production needs of Essex and its customers.
- Comply with all PPE and machine guarding as necessary with each job.
|Experience||1-3 years of shop experience and some trade school education|
|Miscellaneous||Other duties may be assigned.|