South Tech Welders Triumph at MWI Competitions
On January 26th, 2017 students from Mr. Holt’s Welding Program competed in the 8th annual Missouri Welding Institute Vo-Tech welding competition in Nevada, MO. The students were among 182 high school level competitors who participated in a variety of 90-minute long tests.
South Tech swept the competition and earned a total of $34,000 in scholarships and prizes. Our winning students were:
- Joel Besch – 1st place (full tuition) paid scholarship, a new Lincoln Ranger 225 welder/generator, and a trophy (Total value $18,393)
- Blake Meine – 2nd place (half tuition) paid scholarship, Victor Cutting Torch, and a trophy (Total value $7,627)
- Kevin McCue – 3rd place (quarter tuition) paid scholarship, a new auto darkening welding helmet, a trophy, and 200 pounds of Lincoln Electric Welding Rod (Total value $4,143)
- Sam Aufmuth – 4th place $1,500 scholarship, a $1,000 competitor scholarship, a new DeWalt grinder, and 50 pounds of Flux-Cored welding wire (Total value of $2,700)
- Joey Knoll – 6th place $1,000 scholarship and trophy
- Nathan Flecke – 10th place $1,000 scholarship and trophy
- Zach Hedrick – $1000 scholarship
- Eric Reinhartz – $1,000 competitor scholarships
Congratulations to South Tech’s outstanding welding team!