On January 27th, 2017 students from Mr. Holt’s welding class competed at the 7th annual Missouri Welding Institute Vo-Tech welding competition in Nevada, MO. There were 193 competitors from all over the tri-state area competing for a full-tuition paid scholarship. Pictured from left to right:
- Harrison Dye placed 1st overall receiving a check for $14,000 (full-tuition), a trophy, and a new Lincoln ranger 225 welding generator.
- Zach Wilson placed 2nd overall receiving a check for $7,000 (half-tuition), a trophy and a new victor cutting torch outfit.
- Jared Jacquot placed 3rd overall receiving a check for $3500 (quarter tuition) a new Lincoln Viking auto-darkening welding helmet and a trophy.
- Cody Sehie placed 4th overall receiving a $1,500 scholarship, plus an additional $1,000 scholarship, as well as a new DeWalt grinder and trophy.
- Jason Neier placed 5th overall receiving a $1,000 scholarship, pipeline welding helmet, and trophy.
- Nycholas Welch placed 6th overall receiving a $1,000 scholarship and a trophy.
- Alex Juelfs placed 10th receiving a scholarship for $1,000 and a trophy.
South Tech welding students were able to secure 7 of the top 10 places at a very rigorous welding competition amongst some of the best welding students around. These students plan on continuing their education at Missouri Welding institute where they will complete the Master Pipe Welding and Fitting course this summer. Congratulations on a successful weekend in Nevada, Missouri.